Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Be Fearless

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.

-Louisa May Alcott

Last weekend I went to a Haunted House. They had the attendees fill out a card before entering the event. The card asked what you were most afraid of. After hearing other people's answers of: the dark, spiders, bugs...I realized my answer of, "being unloved", was really not what they might have been looking for. There goes my honesty getting me into trouble again!


Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed. 
-Michael Pritchard



I've been terrified lately. I've been so filled with fear that I think I've been making myself sick! This week, after receiving my fortune cookie that said, "Don't Panic", I thought it was time to just face my fears head on. Here's to being fearless and embracing those things that terrify you. Happy Tuesday. Be fearless! I'm gonna keep my little ship sailing along as I greet those fears every day.

He who fears to suffer, suffers from fear.  ~French Proverb


Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light. 
-Dorothy Thompson

Fear is a question: What are you afraid of, and why? Just as the seed of health is in illness, because illness contains information, your fears are a treasure house of self-knowledge if you explore them. -Marilyn Ferguson


Fear is my good friend, it shows me the way to nowhere; I choose another way. 
-Yossi Ghinsberg


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
-Marianne Williamson




No comments: