Thursday, September 22, 2011

Look within

This summer has offered me the luxury of spending lots of time alone. It's been wonderful...for the most part. I was recently spending a lovely Sunday afternoon doing my weekly snail mail ritual and came upon this quote on a card:

"Look Within. You are the world". -J. Krishnamurti 
 
For some reason, it really struck me and I realized that I've been spending the summer expanding my horizons, widening my friend circle, taking on new challenges, and in a sense, making my world a bigger place. Even though my outer world is expanding, I've also been building the little world that is me. Sometimes I don't like what I find. Sometimes I want to leave my world and travel to another. Sometimes I just give in and say, this is me, and I try to just love every little branch, every stream, and every pile of trash that's in that planet.

Phew. It's not easy people. Here's to expanding your world. Your self. You.


You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.  What you'll discover will be wonderful.  What you'll discover is yourself.  ~Alan Alda


In search of my mother's garden, I found my own.  ~Alice Walker


Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast.  People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there and what's so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there.  They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell they wanted to be.  
~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.  ~Buddha


No comments: